Take the Stop Bad Body Talk ...change the message Challenge
Bad Body Talk is harmful, yet it is possible to change the messages we give to ourselves and to others. Your participation in this challenge will help protect yourself and others from the emotional and physical harm caused by Bad Body Talk.
Here are some ways you can begin:
- Pay attention to all Body Talk. As you go through the day, gently observe the thoughts, feelings and judgments about your body that arise in your mind. Notice the thoughts that surface about other people’s bodies. Pay attention to how often others make body-focused judgments and comments.
- Consider the impact of Bad Body Talk.How does it feel when the body is criticized by self, other people, or the media?
- Take action.Change your own Body Talk by making neutral or positive statements that respect your body and others’ bodies. Does it make a difference?
- Spread the word.Wear the button and enjoy the conversations it inspires as people question the meaning and purpose of the Stop Bad Body Talk button.
- Visit www.ChangetheMessage.com and share your experiences of the Change the Message Challenge.
We are happy and grateful that you are interested in helping to change the message.